Wednesday 29 October 2014

Germany travel diary


Hullo Honeys!

How are you?
I finally 'took a grip of my neck' as we Finns say, and collected my pics from our Germany trip here. First of all I want to add something to the packing tips -what I forgot to add there and forgot to take with me- AN EXTRA CAMERA BATTERY/ CHARGER. Yep, I left them home, so of course my camera died on the first day. So all the pics after the Japanese garden are taken with my phone, luckily I had atleast that with me.

But yeah, like I said before, the trip wasn't at all what I expected! I knew that we'd first go to Leverkusen and then to Mosel, but I thought that Leverkusen was only a Bayer city -it has a huge factory and office buildings of theirs, but like the pic above and below can tell, it wasn't Just that- and Mosel sounded like a really dumb place. Haha good attitude I know, but I got proven wrong as the pessimistic thoughts usually do. I also thought that since it was me traveling with my parents, we'd visit every single wine yard there is in the area (which was a lot!), but we went to only one, and it was a beautiful place! 

After Leverkusen (which is a small town by Rhine) and visiting Köln with my dad while mom was working, we stayed in a village called Cochem by the Mosel. We also visited other cities by the same river, but Cochem was my favorite.  It was small but it was wonderful! It had a beautiful castle -which we didn't get to visit this time though- and all the buikdings ans restauranst and the river were beautiful! I did use my jogging clothes since I had the motivation because I didn't want to carry useless cothes, and it was one of the loveliest runs I've taken!

Moikka!

Mitä kuuluu?
Otin itseäni vihdoinkin niskasta kiinni ja kokosin tänne kuvia Saksan reissultamme. Ekaksi vielä muistutus  mitä unohdin pakkauspostaukseen laittaa - ja samalla sitten matkalaukkuun- KAMERAN VARA-AKKU/LATURI. Jep, sehän jäi sitten multa kotiin ja akku loppui tietysti ekana päivänä, Japanilaisen puutarhan jälkeen kaikki kuvat ovat siis kännykällä otettuja.. Mutta onneksi oli kännykkä!
 Niin kuin jo mainitsinkin, matka oli ihan erilainen kuin kuvittelin! Tiesin että kohteena oli Leverkusen ja joku kylä Moselin varrella, mutta enpä oisi kuvitellut niitä puoliksikaan niin ihaniksi paikoiksi kuin mitä oli! Leverkusen on Bayer-tehdas-kaupunki juu, mutta sinne mahtui myös ihania taloja ja muuta mukavaa, ja Mosel oli älytttömän kaunis! Kävimme iskän kanssa äidin tehdessä töitä myös Kölnissä, mikä todellakin oli käymisen arvoinen. Kiersimme Moselin varrella muutamia kaupunkeja, mutta suosikkini niistä oli Cochem, jossa yövyimme kaksi yötä. Cochem oli pieni mutta suloinen ja kaunis kylä! Tuli käytettyä lenkkeilyvaatteitakin kun ne siellä matkalaukussa painosti, ja onneksi tuli sillä se oli ehkä yksi kauneimmista lenkeistä mitä olen juossut! Ja viinitiloja, joita luulin että kiertäisimme joka ikisen vapaan minuutin, emme nähneetkään lähempää kuin yhden, ja kyseisen paikan shampanja terassilta oli kaunis maisema!


Leverkusen

the bakeries in Germany are amazing!

The Japanese Garden



The Dome of Cologne (Köln)

small warning; atleast we didn't get inside more than the first square and it seemed like we'd have to go for a tour which are arranged only a couple times a day if we wanted to see more. But the free look was great enough for us! pikku varoitus; emme päässeet etuaulaa pidemmälle sisällä ja vaikutti siltä että enemmän nähdäkseen pitäisi maksaa opaskierroksesta, joita on vain tiettyihin aikoihin, mutta vilkaisu oli tarpeeksi upea ainakin meille



a coffee break opposite of the Dome, german cakes are delicious!
we took the tourist train which was a good idea, because that way we saw a lot and got to our another destinations, the chocolate museum. otimme turistijunan, mikä osoittui hyväksi ideaksi sillä sitä kautta näki Kölnistä paljon ja pääsimme samalla kyydillä seuraavaan kohteeseemme, suklaamuseoon.




the chocolate museum - making of chocolate, history of chocolate and pretty much everything about chocolate - suklaamuseo- suklaan tekeminen, suklaan historia, ja aikalailla kaikki mitä suklaasta voi kertoa

we also got to design our own chocolates and buy them after and 45 minutes preparing - saimme myös suunnitella (maksoi erikseen) omat suklaamme, jotka saimme mukaamme noin 45 minuutin valmistuksen jälkeen





the shopping street of Cologne (Köln)

The Rhine - Rein
Cochem

Zum Onkel Will, Cochem - one of the many good restaurants we ate german food in - yksi niistä monista hyvistä ravintoloista joissa söimem saksalaiset ateriamme
The Eltz castle, Wierschem


got some Harry Potter vibes in there - Harry Potter tunnelmaa ilmassa


Baden-Wuttenberg



the vine yard, Traben-Trarbach

Cochem, my lovely jogging route - Cochem, oi ihana lenkkireitti


Cochem at night from the other side of Mosel - Cochem yöllä, Moselin toiselta puolelta katsoen

I hope you might have gotten some wanderlust to these places, I really recommend them!

Toivottavasti joku sai matkakuumetta näihin paikkoihin, todellakin suosittelen!

Have a lovely week, it's not long until Friday anymore!
Ihanaa loppuviikkoa, ei enää kauaa perjantaihin!

Love, Anna

FOLLOW WITH BLOGLOVIN

P.S. Yeah, the name has changed. Again. But I finally think that this one's here to stay. Why  A D U A A? That's a mystery for you this far ;) + Exchange year update: I got the spot! I'm officially going to Ecuador for echange year!
P.S. Jep, nimi vaihtui. Taas. Mutta nyt tuntuu että tämä on tullut jäädäkseen. Miksi A D U A A? Olkoon se vielä mysteeri ;) + Vaihtaripäivitys: Sain paikan! Olen virallisesti menossa Ecuadoriin vaihtoon!

1 comment:

  1. I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it..hotel frankfurt oder

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments lovelies, they always make my day! Leave a link of your blog so I'll come and take a look! ❤️

Kiitos kommenteista ihanat, piristää aina kovasti päivää! Jos löytyy niin jätä toki oman blogisi osoite niin tulen käymään! ❤️